Love Saves the World welcomes Susanne Lord and her debut novel, In Search of Scandal. For this stop in her tour, I've asked Susanna for her Top 10 Favorite Songs for the Holiday Season, and here's what she listed:
Ooh! There are so many holiday songs to sift through and play again and LOVE!
1. Judy Garland singing ‘Merry Christmas’ in the film, ‘In the Good Old Summertime’ (when I want to feel a little sad over a cup of cocoa)
2. Obviously, ‘All I Want for Christmas’ sung by Mariah Carey. Obviously.
3. Darlene Love belting out ‘Christmas: Baby Please Come Home’ (played loud enough to drown out my atrocious singing)
4. Because I was discovering music in the 80’s, and because it’s awesome, Band Aid’s 1984 ‘Do They Know it’s Christmas Time?’
5. ‘The Little Drummer Boy.’ (I guess I’ve always loved the honorable, underdog-hero!)
6. ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ sung by Dean Martin. (I don’t care that he’s putting on the moves too aggressively. I love that song.)
7. Oh! One just came to me! ‘When You Believe’ from ‘The Prince of Egypt.’ Perhaps not a true holiday song, but feels like one to me.
8. The incomparable Ella Fitzgerald singing ‘What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?’
9. ‘I’ll Be Home for Christmas’ by Bing Crosby (which is actually fairly sad)
10. ‘Someday at Christmas’ by Stevie Wonder, because Stevie Wonder.
One lucky commenter will receive a paperback copy of In Search of Scandal, just share your favorite holiday song. (US Only please. Enter via Rafflecopter below.) ^_^
* * *
About the book:
Author: Susanne Lord
Series: London Explorers, #1
Pubdate: December 1st, 2015
A DARING EXPLORER
All of London is abuzz with the tale of Will Repton. The lone survivor of a massacre in Tibet has returned to England a hero, but the traumatized explorer has no time for glory. Another dangerous expedition awaits. Nothing will deter him from his quest, and no one will unearth his secret -- until Will meets Charlotte Baker.
IS NO MATCH FOR AN ADVENTUROUS HEART
Vivacious Charlotte Baker also has a mission -- to find a man whose bold spirit matches her own. When she meets Will Repton, she immediately recognizes him as her soul mate, and she’s naively willing to turn her back on the rules of propriety to ensnare him. Will is torn between his fascination with Charlotte and his vow to finish his quest. He knows what it is to risk life and limb -- but what if his most perilous adventure doesn’t lie across an ocean, but within his own lost heart?
* * *
About the author:
Connect with Susanne:
* * *
One lucky commenter will receive a paperback copy of In Search of Scandal, just share your favorite holiday song. (US Only please) ^_^
a Rafflecopter giveaway